View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #12
TiberiusBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav9515 View Post
The side marker lights are on the sides of your car, in your fenders. Some people call them parking lights so wasnt sure what you were referring to. Are you talking about the small lights physically inside the headlights by your low and high beams?
Yes, that is what I am talking about.

Quote:
if so, those were also out on my car and the wire covering was falling off. After recoating with the liquid tape to all exposed areas they worked fine, but my fuses were blowing indicating a short.
all the fuses are good.

Quote:
My question is are those lights really required in VA for an inspection? here in CT that would have no impact.
Yes, unfortunately.

Quote:
If you're getting positive voltage (hot) on both sides of the bulb, it's definitely a bad ground. Pull the main connector socket off of the headlight (remove 2 screws, then pry it off - aside from the screws, it's also held on with strong double sided tape) and check the wires coming from the common ground pin. Also run your test light between parking light + and the common ground on the car side, just to be sure that you get a complete circuit there.
I will hopefully get a chance to do that tonight. I don't understand the last part of what you said, what do you mean by run the test light between parking light + and the common ground. Would you mind to explain that a little better?

Thank you everyone for your help.