View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
The Radium King

alignment info and question

so, playing around with my new camber gauge and toe plates.

my last shop alignment was -2.5L -2.7R camber and 0 toe. this is with ksport coilovers that come with a top camber plate. at these settings the camber plate was set to max negative and the slots on the tower were in the middle.

when i measure with my camber gauge i get aound -2.7L -2.0R. no matter how i re-zero the gauge i get the same result. perhaps camber has drifted after hammering on it at the track i figure. i measure the toe at 0.

so, i loosen the nuts and push the strut tops full inboard. now, max negative, i get -3.4L -2.5R. odd that the shop was getting -2.7R at the half setting and the max i can get at the max setting is -2.5?!?!? looking at the alignment sheet they gave me, there are a bunch of corner balance scribbles on it, so i figure they corner balanced it after the alignment, and the ride height changes messed up the alignment and maximums.

regardless, after the change (1/2 a slot, a little over 1/2 degree more negative camber) toe went to 1/4" toe out. so, some info for you if you wish to change alignments between street and track - 1/2 degree camber = 1/4" toe. probably not a linear realtionship, however ...

questions - clockwise track, so the additional camber on the left side is not disliked, but will bad things happen if i drive around with mis-matched camber? how about toe - anyone driving around with 1/4" toe-out? too much even for track work i think. and, mismatched camber will mean toe is different from one side to the other - bad thing too i guess.

look like i'll push the camber on the one side back to -2.5, and see if i have to adjust toe afterwards. 1/16" toe out ok?
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote