View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #80
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplorerLyon View Post
Need Better Taping Ideas Please
I did this repair last Fall and must have a stuck blend door now. Before I dig back into the dash, I am looking for a better option for taping up the holes in the doors. Like most of you, I used multiple pieces of strong duck tape. Hard to get the tape lined up and stuck to the doors.

I think a better solution would be cut ONE piece of tape the width of the door, something with a removable sticky back. That way you can place the tape inside, stick an edge and peel off the removable backing. Ideas?
I used aluminum tape with waterproof adhesive, sold at Home Depot. Very sticky and easy to work with, used several horizontal strips to cover top to bottom of the doors. I think one big piece would be very difficult to place it, unless the whole HVAC assay is torn apart.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote