View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #4304
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzorro View Post
Probably the wrong thread, but why not just drill out all of the connections at the black plastic flange that bolts on to the firewall and connect the ~6" long hoses behind the firewall to the hoses running to the coolant tank with with barbed hose joiners and spring clamps. Would be just a heck of a lot easier to replace these tanks. But I supposed these were never supposed to be replaced.
If you've ever done one, it becomes obvious that nobody at the factory ever thought or cared if anyone ever changes the tank. The spring clamps are put on so that you can't hardly get to them to compress them, the hoses that go from the bulkhead manifold are welded to the metal tubes on the passenger side and are fairly painful to get to. I replaced all those small diameter hoses with bulk stock hose, used the spring clamps over again to attach to the bulkhead manifold and put it back in preassembled, so that all was necessary was to connect the oil tube, the oil dipstick tube, the oil cooler hose and the two feed lines to their prospective destinations in the engine compartment. Any coolant hoses in the engine compartment got 1/4" drive spiral hose clamps. Still not easy, but a lot easier.

Plan on replacing the oil filler tube and the dipstick tube, both mine kinda crumbled.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote