View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
since95

I just ordered up first round of parts. Came in at $3k plus I am also installing the LNE spin on filter and 2 Qt deep sump which ran another $1k. The used crank was $900 (included in the $3k), I was told it was inspected and polished. comes with a 30 day warranty. Replacing all the timing chains/guides. Upgrading rod bolts to ARP bolts. Still have to inspect the heads, but engine was really good relative the the miles when I bought the car - which makes sense as it is a factory replacement. Did the LNE IMS this winter - 2k miles ago! I still need to remove the cover and inspect but it spins effortlessly. The debris was limited in the engine. Looks like the bearing overheated, seized, then stalled the engine without much time for any of the debris to travel. There was no scoring on my crank, just 1 burnt journal. Crossing my fingers I can keep the bearing - but we will inspect that this weekend.

I was considering building it to 3.6, but that would run an additional $7k minimum. My wife and I switch cars at the track, and I could almost pull the same lap times with her Miata that has coilovers and swaybars as I was with the Boxster. She needs ponies, I need suspension!
since95 is offline   Reply With Quote