View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 05:34 PM   #10
Tanz65

P1324 code

Okay Guys, I need a little help and advice with my 2000 Boxster, 2.7L (which I just purchased - 147K miles).
I checked the car with (Durametric) and received a P1324 code. I wasn't sure what maintenance or upgrades were performed so when I replaced the clutch, I performed a fluid change on the transmission and I figured I'd check if the IMS bearing was also replaced - it was upgraded to a cylindrical bearing and is in excellent condition (European Parts Solution). I did not remove it, I just buttoned everything up (Main seal was also upgraded and wasn't leaking so I left that alone too). Of course, before I did this, I locked the the engine TDC and locked the cams. I checked the timing several times before putting the trans back in the car. Everything lined up as found and as expected (vertical, inline with the engine case) for correct timing.
I started the car and still sounds like something is rattling and P1324 was still there. I ran durametric software and displayed the Cam positions angles. they are:
cam1 deviation = 16.44, cam 1 angle -0.22
cam2 deviation = 22.30, cam 2 angle +1.03
(These were steady after car was running for a few minutes.)

What do you think is next step? Any advice would be greeat. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Tanz65; 05-29-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Tanz65 is offline   Reply With Quote