View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
AZ986S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Scary how often the Accusump comes on and even withthat there’s a pressure drop. Seeing the pressure drop makes me not want too in fear of damaging the engine.
Yes the pressure still drops some at the standard valve cover location. However, it would drop more if I didn’t have the Accusump. Next season, I will turn it off for a single lap to compare. I also want to install a high flow racing oil filter to minimize pressure drop.

If you are running RComps or Slicks, you NEED oiling system mods to keep that M96 or M97 alive longer...though the only sure way is dry sump and I’ve been tinkering with some ideas there since I do have a complete engine sitting in my garage that needs some work...there has to be a lower cost way to do this.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote