View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 07:24 PM   #7
rat_rod_rui

thank god, somebody with an actual lead! thank you, i will make this happen, you just gave me a bit of direction in a vast sea of people that seem to think the only possible option is factory replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
As the others have replied there is no open knowledge on this forum of how to completely delete the immobilizer. If there was, a bunch of us would be doing it and discussing it.

Cheap and ugly: It can be minimized by still using all the main components and eliminating the rest. Duct tape the DME, CLU, transponder coil & transponder together with a minimized wire harness. Post 79 here shows the minimal wiring for the Central Locking Unit box: https://rennlist.com/forums/spec-boxsters/914070-black-spec-boxster-build-6.html

Expensive, but clean: Pay a shop that has already hacked the DME security, have them reflash your DME. I don't know of any shops that do this, but ECU doctors has a similar service adding a module to replace the immo. Immobilizer Removal for Porsche Boxster ECU DME 0261204605, 0 261 204 605 - Specialized ECU Repair

Good luck and if you have a break through or find a reasonably priced reflash, let us know.
rat_rod_rui is offline   Reply With Quote