View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #1
AZ986S

Brake pad uneven wear

I've just swapped out the 70% worn EBC yellow pads for my newer street pads for the summer season (no track days). Still using the same rotors, and they do have "some wear", but look pretty good.

When I pulled the pads, I noticed that the pads were not wearing parallel to the metal pad substrate, and it is quite obvious (top to bottom). This is happening on the fronts and rears. And now, I'm getting some vibration in the steering wheel when I brake. I can post photos when I get home, but I was just wondering if this is a normal thing for pads that are used on the track, or maybe the caliper bolts are bent? Or maybe the calipers need to be rebuilt? Can I machine the rotors? They are the slotted Meyle rotors I believe.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote