View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #19
DarkStar

Garage
Well guys, unfortunately there isn't too much to throw up. If you haven't been following the FB Build Page, You can hear crickets chirping. It hasn't been completely uneventful tho. I did start prototype designing stages in a 3D Environment as well as a few test cuts/welds. I am getting closer to a final design. In the mean time, I am working out a deal on a new shop with a partner of mine, and all new equipment. Should be happening very soon, so the final design will be done in a new, virgin clean shop! Anyway. Lets see what I got to share!

The current design is as follows. Tubular side arms and rear tie brace. The flat plates are made to pinch in between the Aluminum Tie Straps on the control Arms. They are currently made out of 3/16" Cold.

Plates were cut, As well as the front mount bar.

Pipes aren't done being bent yet. I had to send them off to a friends shop because my largest die is not large enough. So once I get them in. I'll fit them up, hopefully all goes well and I will be welding it up. Then I'll be able to toss the engine up in there so I can make the engine mount brackets next.

In other news, I wanted to get a little creative so I am designing a replacement crankcase ventilation plate. Here's what the original looks like, its very prone to clogging up.

Anyway, the idea is to make a completely new top cover to take advantage of the factory Porsche Boxster Oil Fill Tube! There is soo much spare room under the intake manifold. I'm not too deep in progression with that. I will be adding an -12 or -10an bung for the center crankcase vent which will meet up with the valve cover vents and be routed to a Perrin AOS. But as you can see, it will allow me to connect a tube to the Boxsters factory oil fill and then I will replace the oil fill valve cover with the one without the fill tube.

As for the engine, it is still stripped. All parts have been properly cleaned, lubed and covered while we wait for that thing called a job to start producing more money for me to funnel into this project! If I can acquire this deal for the new shop, I should get a nice increase in wages so plus plus! Thanks for reading up. I know its not much but I'm getting bored :'(