View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #10
986bsdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
two variable vane small aerochargers - no oil lines, no bov, no wastegates, no lag!
Things have come a long way since I dealt with forced induction 10 years ago!

On a side note, finally got around to booting the boxster around a bit. On first impressions it is definitely louder with the headers and secondary cat delete. Can barely hear the 987 intake box anymore it seems. Seems to move around the rev range and putt along with a bit more umph. Now instead of a pesky little P0410 and p0411 that pops up every once in a while for the SAI, I had the P1411 come up on its own. Just waiting for the DME to throw a code out for the secondary O2 sensors unless the spacers with the built in catalyst actually works which I’m a bit skeptical of.

I had the headers and the cat deletes for roughly 6 months sitting on the shelf. Feared snapping bolts along the way which is why I was hesitant. Overall, it was straight forward with the car on jack stands working on my back. Didn’t need a whole lot of swivels and tightened everything down with my handy impact on low setting. New hardware, a bit of anti-seize and I was on my way within roughly 3-4 hours. Started on the drivers side which was considerably easier then the passenger side. Got new gaskets but unfortunately the ones post cat didn’t quite fit the bill(smaller diameter hole) so I had to use the Chinese gaskets there.
986bsdriver is offline   Reply With Quote