View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 08:08 AM   #12
ShortRound

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
well, i've not a lot of experience w ppi's but i'd suggest they vary in detail depending on who does them (ie, there is no set script for these things). personally, i'd have no problem having the same shop that has serviced it do the ppi, and also have a conversation with them about the car - they know it best. any shop can do the compression, etc., stuff, but you need a specialty computer for the computer stuff - if the indy is as renowned with porsches as stated then they should have this.

again, i've not a lot of experience with this; hopefully the collective IQ will chime in.
The owner mentioned that Auguste Automobile Service in St. Catharines has been responsible for working on the car. Does it ring a bell? I am going to look at the car on Saturday. If it is to my liking then i will try to schedule a ppi for later in the week.
There's also a nice looking Black 2002 S closer to me with the same km's and apparently replaced IMS 2 years back for the same price.
Decisions, decisions, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
When I purchased my boxster, i was lucky enough to happen to know the second owner, also got positive words concerning the independent mech.

I called both and asked their cadid perspectives, owner had all receipts of the work done as well. I still use the same mechanic, excellent porsche wrench. The previous owner had a ppi done, he put 3K on the car in 3 years, after talking to the previous owner and mechanic I deemed additional ppi probably a waste.
You are lucky that you knew the owner, so it definitely helped in your situation. I have been burned in the past when dealing with unscrupulous people. If i was buying a Toyota Camry or a BMW then I would know what to look for, but Boxsters are new to me. So a ppi and a conversation with the mechanic is a good idea. Gracias por la aportacion, disfruta del Boxster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2-bxtrs View Post
I'm sure you'll be impressed with the 986's handling and performance.. at the end of your test drive, PPI will be your best friend.
And if you decide to let go of your E30, i'd be interested.
Good Luck on your search !
t2
This is what I am afraid of! I am in the middle of restoring the e30 and bringing it back to TO, with the intention of it being my forever car. But Condo living means I have to be selective.
There was a nice looking M50 swapped 325 on kijiji listed locally a few days ago.
ShortRound is offline   Reply With Quote