View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:02 PM   #4
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986bsdriver View Post
I got ahold of another member of this board and found that he had the same fitment issues I had. I guess denting it was an option but the other option was to leave it as is.

I decided to wrap it and leave it alone. I guess many tracked miles and no issues it is good enough to sway my decision.

Mods can close this thread if they wish👍
One thing to consider if you wrapped it... that area is prone to oil leaks from cam covers, spark plug tubes, etc. if you used a fabric oriented wrap it could catch fire if a leak occurs on the area. Just something to think about, and the primary reason I didn’t wrap my headers. Also, make sure your O2 sensors are well located. One of mine was improperly mounted by the PO and melted to a crisp... to include a portion of the harness. Left me stranded one night when it shorted and tossed the fuel rail fuse. I’m not sure what brand of headers I have, they were on the car when I bought it, but things can get pretty hot under there... also make sure you wrapped your power steering line, or relocated it to keep it from boiling your PS fluid, or the line getting melted down.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote