View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #4272
Boxstard

Finally fixed water leak

into back floor of the driver seat for good.

Drain under the clam shell was flowing not as fast as the other side, no matter how much I blow compressed air through... it was over flowing and water was flowing into the interior underneath the rain tray/ foam.

I took the tube out of chassis and found a broken ball joint end wedged inside... lucky that driver side tube is semi-transparent to see it, pass side is black so can’t see through it. I had to cut up the tube to get it out then taped two pieces together with waterproof alum tape. Plastic funnel was also deformed a bit and two wrinkle holes in the bottom too so taped them shut as well. Lm

Hosed water and zero leak, no more worry about electrocuting my immobilizer. While I was there with plastic liners out, brush-cleaned inside the rear wheel wells to wash out mud, salt and grime from winter driving.

I have leak in the trunk too, water drips near the tail light under heavy rain... but could not reproduce it today hosing water around. Keeping an alum cooking tray to catch water meanwhile...
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote