View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 03:52 AM   #3
Dave80GTSi

Find your personal comfort zone

Do as you will, but for me, the drama:fun ratio on this one is already too far skewed against you.

That price seems (again, to me) to be high for a 2.5 first-years, low miles noted (rust is a non-issue), and it certainly is not like these cars are so rare that you would need to travel as far as that to find one (I saw a pair of 986's commuting on my drive in to work this a.m.!). Buying more local means no worries whatsoever with Ohio BMV.

You don't say in what Buckeye city you are located, but a casual look at Craigslist here in C-Bus this morning shows 6 of them available, with varying years, miles and costs. Cincy / Pittsburgh should have some others, as well.

My $0.02: Keep shopping for something that is closer, one that you can inspect and test drive easily before you get your hopes all built up, as they obviously already are for this one that you've noted.

For just one example local to me, these folks get interesting cars like these regularly: http://www.autoassets.com and they are as trustworthy as the day is long.

Good luck, whatever you decide - DM

Last edited by Dave80GTSi; 05-11-2018 at 03:57 AM.
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote