Thread: Big Data
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #11
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by por356c View Post
Hi Rick - I am sure I’ll get roasted over this......
I can tell you firsthand, it’s a real bad day when that engine fails - it’s about a $12,000 bad day.......
But, for $2000 I just don’t understand why people won’t eliminate that nagging worry every time you get in – the cost of owning a Boxster. Of course, we all make our own decisions. Good luck.
Por356, honestly, this post is real doom and gloom kind of stuff!
Many of us would look at this and say: "yeah, you add $2k to the cost of the car and suddenly it's no longer a car I want". Me, personally, that would've tipped me towards the MB SLK I was also considering.

I don't know why it has to be a $12k bill if it fails? That doesn't mirror any of the experiences I've read about here or elsewhere.

And the cost of owning a Porsche? Seriously? The cost of owning a Porsche, to you, is throwing money at a problem because you're so scared the car sucks?

I'm chuckling to myself that this is the same board that told me I shouldn't desnorkel mine, because the Porsche engineers are so smart and always know best. Hahaha

I say drive it. Drive the PISS out of it. And if it fails, then decide (based on how much you like it dislike it) if you'll junk the car, or replace the motor. Either way, THAT'S the point where I'd start adding -up the "cost of owning a Porsche".

Just my $0.02

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote