Thread: door speakers
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 05:27 AM   #9
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicecar View Post
I did not think I could reverse polarity when they are plug ins that only go one way? I really appreciate all the input. I always stress on projects like door cards that are always so simple when done, I have changed my exhaust twice , and taken bumper off twice and I am still afraid of the plastic pieces!and any little project. Let me check the amp connections. Any advice on amp. access? Take the whole bracket or take th amp from the bracket? Thanks again!
Not sure what year your car is I have a 00, easiest way I found was to remove the spare tire out of the way, then you should be able to access the large plug on the right side with out remove in the amp. The plug has this slide action, as you pull up the lock will slide over. If you pull the small connector it works like a latch and will break if you aren't careful.

If you do the door cards get some plastic tool set makes it easier and watch a couple videos. Right side is easier as there are no wires for the mirror. You pull the top plastic piece off by pulling the bottom out a bit the up there is a tab on top can break if you don't slide up. Then on the door latch there is a screw and you need to pry down on the more pointy section and out, again that will break easy if you watch some videos you get the idea. There are hex bolts on the door handle, the air bag plug, and the light. I am going by memory, then card pops off.

I know what you mean about the plastic bits, broken several and replaced them. As far as wiring, I double check anything prewired, factory can make mistakes too, but your probably right no issue there.

You can find amps on ebay fairly reasonable. I had the 4 channel in mine then switched to a 6 channel cabriolet, now have Aline PDX9. I took an old broken amp made a speaker harness adaptor, so even though I did a full blown aftermarket setup I can put it back factory in a couple of hours only thing I really cut was the factory speaker grill mounting the new tweeters, speakers were shot anyway and the JBL coax will bolt back in.