View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #6
M3Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
All I'm doing is explaining more fully what 78F350 said.

The oil cooler is shown with the red arrow. Underneath the oil cooler, there are two oil connections (input and output) and two coolant connections (input and output). Each of the four connections is sealed by an o-ring between the oil cooler and the block.

Try to trace the fluid leak from the ground up through the suspension and engine to see if its coming from the oil cooler (or where it might be coming from). You can also try to feel around beneath the oil cooler to see if its wet. If so, then you'll want to remove the oil cooler and replace the four o-rings.

Also, check the oil and coolant for intermix. If you find oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil, then there might be an internal leak/failure in the oil cooler allowing the two fluids types to mix. A pressure test of the cooling system and/or oil cooler can confirm an internal leak.

If you have intermix but the oil cooler checks out ok, well then you have bigger problems. Start with a pressure test of the coolant system and go from there...

I just checked my self. Pulled the engine covers off and there is zero oil or coolant anywhere looked under the car and saw nothing except for directly below the motor mount perhaps? Don’t those have fluid? Perhaps it popped from the torque of the shift? Correction: transmission mount.

Last edited by M3Stang; 04-29-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Transmission mount
M3Stang is offline   Reply With Quote