View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
maytag
Who's askin'?

So now that I'm finally into the car, and able to work on it, here's where I'm at.

It seems someone has maintained the car pretty well, and at the very least done a recent relatively comprehensive service. for instance:

- I've found the car has NEW brake-fluid in it, as well as new brake pads. I bought some new fluid from Pelican, but I've decided to hold onto that until this winter when I'll change pads, add braided lines and swap the fluid.
- It looks like the coolant has also been changed-out recently, and I suspect that's a new expansion tank.
- There's a new MAF installed. Based on its appearance, it can't be older than a couple thousand miles.

What've I done then?
It's on stands now, and I'm going through it to make it spring-ready. I've decided to keep it relatively simple for now; make sure I like the car enough to sink more money and time into it this winter.

- Replaced engine oil filter (Hengst) and oil (Mobil 1 - 5W-40)
- Cleaned the Throttle body
- Replaced the engine mount (front)
- cleaned/lubed the risers for the rear spoiler (I had one sticking)
- De-Snorked and added a K&N air filter
- Replaced the exhaust with Beluga muffler & SpeedWerks intermediate pipes.
- replaced the trunk & frunk struts

Last night I hooked-up my Durametric for the first time and explored abit. I need to find the application where I can read cam variance, etc. But I'm not going to run the car again until I've completed all of the maintenance on the motor.

I'm waiting on things like Porsche transaxle fluid, spark plugs, serpentine belt, Air/Oil seperator, etc etc etc. And I'll continue working my way from rear to front on the car.

Today I'll start the wheel refurbishment. It's got brand new Michelin Pilot Sports on it already, so just a repair and refurb on the wheels, we'll be golden.

I appreciate all the information that's available here. Many of you have been a huge help already. I'll try to help as well, as I get to know the car better.

Thanks Y'all!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZV38X95iu4aSQMfp9

Last edited by maytag; 04-27-2018 at 08:14 AM.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote