View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
MWS

Personally I agree with keeping everything original, or in your case, adding a "period correct" nav system. That being said, I wouldn't go to the trouble of installing this unit (unless you are doing purely for aesthetics) due to the fact that there have been so many improvements in navigation and GPS. If your looking to stay "factory fresh", just use your phone as it will be much more accurate and reliable, or if too small, use a tablet with a temporary mount.

Forgive me for not doing the research, but does the system you mentioned use DVDs for map content? If so, definitely a no-go. If not, and content is software based, can you still get updates, and if so, how much would that cost? I think you see what I'm getting at...a 15 year old map is (in some cases) worse than no map at all.

We (or most of us) survived automotive adventures without GPS, and did just fine...compared to some that relied only on on GPS and drove off a cliff. Lol. Besides, isn't trying to find something half the fun?
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote