View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #34
ericd

Winter is over and time to dust off the car and get ready for more track days.

I have some plans for changes I want to make but first thing to work with is the alignment.

I got the car up on ramp blocks, and made turn plates out of abs plastic with motor oil between. A little redneck but works well. Just have to be careful with getting the tire to come down on block and center the plastic plates so there is room to slide around a bit.

I use the smart string system which has always treated me very well.

First image shows that i loosened the 3 nuts on the front shock tower and pushed the strut inboard as far as will go. then get bolts torqued down again. This needs to happen with front wheel in air an unloaded. This gives as much front negative camber as possible without cutting the lots longer or using a camber plate.

Next went on smart strings and i got the back end in the standard S alignment, which is fine on these tires as I didnt have a rear grip concern
The front is at max stock neg camber and I set the toe to effectively 0. no toe in/out. As expected the the vehicle responds much better , and I will get feedback on front end grip improvement and understeer reduction at next day on track.

oiled ABS turn plates on stand:

ericd is offline   Reply With Quote