View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
SD987

It looks like you spent a lot of time and money modifying your ride but unfortunately prevailing market conditions are definitely not in your favor. Some points...

* Edmunds TMV for the car is about $20,000 in a private transaction.

* Your buy-it-now price is between $6-15,000 more than the 90 other 1999 Boxsters in the state of California (Autotrader).

*...and between $9-20,000 more than the 24 other 1999 Boxsters on eBay.

As Ronzi indicated, your hyperbole (an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally) doesn't help the ad. Here's some constructive criticism.

I'd suggest deleting the following lines and references (with the reason):

* "...Was actually just detailed yesterday"
(sounds like John Lovitz "yeah...that's the ticket!")

* "...Car new was around 55K"
(are you sure about that?)

* "...is a real mans car"

*...I'd delete all mention of tires.
(Kumho Ecstas on a Porsche is not a selling point, and you spend the rest of the paragraph justifying it. Just don't mention the tires period, most ads skip them.)

* "OH THE TORQUE!"
(unless you're Colonel Kurtz, this just comes across as corny - actually you may want to replace the entire power/torque soliloquy with some dyno numbers or performance figures. A 2003 NSX with a manual does 0-60 in about 5 seconds and does about a 13.5 quarter...)

*"...Here is a chance to get a deal of a lifetime!"
(I'd suggest deleting both instances. Actual "deals of a lifetime" are seldom advertised as such)

Don't be shy about running the text of your listing through Microsoft Word spell-check. You have about 30-35 spelling and grammar errors (and that's not hyperbole!). You may say, why bother...but it undermines your credibility when your ad includes gems such as"...I am a porshce enthusiast ".

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky

Last edited by SD987; 09-04-2006 at 11:13 PM.
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote