Thread: 2009 Boxster
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 05:06 AM   #9
husker boxster

Thanks everyone. dghii's analysis is on point, esp the part about spring. It's been crappy everywhere. Hard to get spring fever when it's 20-40 deg outside and snowing once a week. That pretty much covers the weather in 2/3 of the country.

I have had more national interest on this one than other Wheeler Dealer cars I've had for sale. However, 2 wives ended up not liking the color, 1 wife insists on a PDK, and one couple needed to see Ruby Red in person and they were on the east coast. I've had offers to trade for a Mustang GT, a Maserati, and a Model A hot rod. No offers of land or motorcycles yet, but I always get one of these thrown my way. The closest I've come to trading was por356c's 02 Boxster. It looked very nice, too nice actually, where it doesn't fit my WD model of adding value to make money. And there's always the low ballers who ask if I'll take $18K because that's all they have (then don't look at $24K cars) and the scammers. Love all the angles the scammers take.

But it's all part of the joy of selling a car privately. Someone will suddenly swoop out of the corner of the Internet and snatch it up. Just need some better weather to inspire them.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote