View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 05:46 AM   #15
azlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Yall do what you want to, I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't know anything about their IMS product, and I don't care to pontificate over the internet about products with which I am unfamiliar. But the Casper wheel bearing tool is a nice piece of kit that has certain advantages, especially for the DIY crowd. Namely not removing the axle, disassembling the suspension, or needing a shop press for a wheel bearing replacement.
As I recall, the ?owner / developer is an aerospace engineer who is enamored of his 986 and turned his attention to making a better mousetrap for it. But he plays his hand close, I think I recall that he told me (a few yrs ago) he hadn't yet patented it and might never b/c of the hassle and small potential sales volume, but didn't want someone else to poach his idea for profit, either. At the time I spoke with him, he seemed to regard anything related to Porsches as more of a self-supporting hobby or labor of interest. It seems to be a relatively small shop that mostly does FAA approved aircraft solutions. So call the guy and decide for yourself. The number used to be 561-575-3157, is probably still the same but it was in 2015 when I called so...BOL.
PS: you can't have mine😛
Do you have a picture of yours?
azlvr is offline   Reply With Quote