View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 05:29 AM   #5
CrisZenithBlue

i did the fuel pressure tests.

- ignition on without cranking the engine shows 52 psi which is on the lower end of the spec which i understand is 55 +/-3 psi but i'd say acceptable.

- with the engine on at idle it sits at 46-47 psi which should be good as spec is 48 +/-3 psi

- I pulled the vacuum out of the regulator as well, there's good vacuum, no leaks and no smell of gasoline on the regulator or line. fuel pressure jumps up a few psi when I pull it which indicates the membrane inside is working correctly.

- here's a video of idle, steady revving at 3000 rpm and short revs. doesnt seem to indicate anything might be wrong with the fuel pressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8OGCSFgcLY

- lastly, i turned it off and left it for 30 minutes. pressure went down 1-2 psi which i think is ok? or should it not drop down at all?

not sure what's going on, i was expecting a quick bleed out since it had issues starting after just a few minutes. weirdly enough yesterday while doing all these tests the car started fine.

remember these issues started as soon as i refurbished injectors and the gas tank was opened as well by my mechanic who supposedly tightened down the fuel pump which was loose. car never had an issue starting up before.

i heard if an injector o ring is pinched it could cause a slow leak. i also heard the gas pump has a valve that opens and closes when you start/stop the engine to prevent losing pressure. if that doesnt close it might cause a pressure bleed.

any idea guys?

thanks,

Cristian
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote