View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #11
Qmulus
inveniam viam aut faciam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzorro View Post
Isn't a repair or replace around $1k with ECU doctors? Are there other options for repairs that I don't know about?
Sure there are other options. I repair them, and can often find good used replacements for $400 matched to your original. Even new ones are around $500 list at online Porsche parts places or dealers and can either be matched to the original or reprogrammed to match the car.

I don't understand why people pay more than dealer prices to get their modules repaired or replaced...

Yes, dealers charge a LOT to repair a water damaged alarm unit, but that is because book time is 10 hours to strip the interior to remove the carpets, shampoo the carpets, dry it all out and replace and reprogram the alarm/immo module and probably the remotes as well as if the alarm module is too damaged to communicate with to get the remote codes out of it, the remotes (not key transponder), then need to be replaced. The good part about repairing or replacing the damaged alarm/immo module with a cloned used one is that you do not have to do any reprogramming, so the remotes and keys do not need to be reprogrammed to the module or replaced.

Last edited by Qmulus; 04-15-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Qmulus is offline   Reply With Quote