View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #5
Zzorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
First off, can you control the weather conditions your car will see? What I mean is that my car is garage kept. It does see rain and will occasionally sit outside with the top off. i keep my drains clean but have been surprised by what I've found in the tray!

If your car isn't sitting outside all the time, you might try to repair your trays and test them prior to installing. Even Plastidip may work. Risk/reward is up to you but I'd sure try something before forking out $450 for two trays.

BTW, I did repair a tray on a 1998 I owned for a bit. I used black RTV and it worked great. No idea how long it would hold but I sold the car to a buddy and we're still friends!
Thanks for the response. Good to hear the RTV sealant worked and always nice to maintain friendships! And plastidip? Hmmmm. Interesting idea.

To answer the first question: the car will reside outside unfortunately. I can commit to keeping the drains clean for sure though!

Wonder if anyone has ever made a silicone molded replica of one of these. That would be way more durable than these foam pieces.
Zzorro is offline   Reply With Quote