Thread: Formula E
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 03:06 AM   #13
rfuerst911sc

I've been an avid race car fan for a long time , from sprint cars to indy cars to sports cars and F1 and everything in between . I have witnessed some amazing cars/teams/drivers . Have also seen a LOT of changes over the years . Remember when Audi announced they were going diesel ? Lots of laughing and statements it can't be done , won't sound right etc. but yet they pulled it off with a lot of race wins . It wasn't that long ago that folks were laughing at Porsche for the V4 of the 919 , it didn't take Porsche very long to make that platform successful .

Like it or not Formula E is the next generation of race technology . When names like Porsche , Audi and Jaguar get involved there is a reason . I am sure there were a LOT of strategy meetings at Porsche before the decision was made to pull out of WEC and go to FE . I am also sure some of it was budget driven .

Formula E has their work cut out for them , they hear the fans loud and clear and have to make adjustments . It won't be too much longer ( in my opinion ) that the driver/car change will be history . They either will have the technology for the batteries to last an entire race distance with reserve OR a battery quick change system . It's just a matter of time . In regards to sound or lack of I as a fan do NOT want some fake channeled sound , leave them electric quiet . We will get used to it and it opens up chances to run the cars in venues ( any venues ) that have noise restrictions . As a race fan I embrace new technology but I'm not going to give up my Boxer six !!!
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote