View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #3
Stiglitz

I had P0453 after purchasing my 02. Wiring all looked good. Replaced the sensor with another (used one, thanks Woody!!) CEL is gone.

I don't have pics on me right now, but it is very easy to access.

Open frunk
Pull battery (make sure you have your radio code!)
Pull the battery TRAY (4 x 13mm nuts)

Access to tank is there. It's a little bit tough to pull the sensor, as the harness and connection is under the lip of the body (towards back of body), but still pretty easy.

Take the one phillips head screw off, then take off the sensor from the base of the sensor.

Sometimes its jammed in there pretty tight, so moving back and forth to loosen it is helpful. Pull electrical connector. I used a couple of plastic trim removal tools to pry it apart. Once it came off, put in new (or new-used) sensor in there, press it down and screw it down to it forms a good tight seal.

Reconnect harness (make sure there's no frayed wires, etc.. as that may be the issue!), put battery tray and battery back on, and that should be it!!

I checked on the new sensor that I had resistance using a multimeter (even though I'm not very versed in that !), and the one I pulled had no resistance, showing me sensor was bad.

Hope this helps!!
Stiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote