View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
The quality of mine is as good as the factory oem.

That's arguable. If there's one thing I've learned from these forums is that, unless you're doing some modding, if it's connected to the engine, it's OEM only.
Nah, not worth arguing about.

You're entitled to your opinion and you can spend your money any way you like. I've learned from forums and email lists over about 30 years that it ain't necessarily so. If someone says something once, it tends to be a self fulfilling prophesy and a replicating rumor. Some one, some where had an aftermarket tank leak, OEM tanks leak, that's why we replace them. And maybe the brand new tank was mishandled on its way to the customer

I'll cite an example of self sustaining rumors, 30 or so years ago, a squid was throwing his rice rocket motorcycle around at a track day. His Fram oil filter let go and spewed oil all over a pit area. Ever since, Frams have had a bad rep. and have been a no-no. This despite the fact that some of the Fram stuff is very good--I use XG5 series in my Porsche--spin on. I bought them in bulk and paid about $3.50 each. Frams ain't no good, I know. I'll keep an eye on them. Just like I would with Bosch. http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/oilfilter/gradesheet.htm

OR, that Wix and Napa Gold are the best filter on the market. I don't think so, but whatever!
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote