View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 12:35 AM   #2
BoxsterSteve
still plays with cars...

Garage
It’s a PITA DIY, four middle fingers out of five.
My tank was toast, so I cruised the DIY pages online. Pedro’s site shows how he did it all from up top.
I jacked the back of the car only on 18” stands, not only to gain underside access, but it kep the coolant lines to the tank from dribbling coolant into the trunk and saved me from burping the cooling system afterwards.
You’ll need that cable operated tool to remove the factory clamps, and pick up an oil fill tube too, because mine was really brittle and let go. Glad I had one ahead of time, saved me a trip to my Indie to pick one up part way through the job.
I removed the tank through the trunk, cutting it into pieces with a RotoZip tool and got all the hose connectors undo through the trunk too.
My hands are way too big, so I had to take the diamond shape brace from under the car and work from the bottom to hook all the tubes up again.
Certainly not a fun job, but definitely doable and I had a strong feeling of accomplishment afterward, probably because it was such a pain.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation

Last edited by BoxsterSteve; 04-15-2018 at 04:26 PM.
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote