View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #10
Doug427

Thanks guys. I bought the Porsche pump. Too late to cancel now for the Pierburg part. I found the Porsche pump for about $250 so I guess I did OK. I have a complete set of metric 1/4" drive flex sockets so I'm good there. I also have a 1/4" drive inch pound torque wrench so I won't over torque the bolts.

As for keeping track of the bolts, I have a system I use for cases like this. I'll slide the bolts into the corresponding holes of the new part one by one as I remove them from the old pump. Then, when the bolts are all out and the pump is removed, I'll slide the bolts one by one into the corresponding holes of the old pump to keep them in their proper places as I install the new one.

I have flushed and drained the cooling system I believe 5 times in an attempt to get the oil out of the system. Only when it ran clear did I finally add the coolant, only to have the pump fail immediately after. Now I have to drain and refill yet again. Difficult? No, but frustrating as heck.

This Boxster will undoubtedly have the cleanest cooling system of any out there.
Doug427 is offline   Reply With Quote