View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 09:02 PM   #11
DarkStar

Garage
Everyday that parts arrive, is a good day! However they weren't here for us! I did get a few things tho.

After some discussion with a few friends I decided to go with a much smaller box steel. Originally I accidentally purchased the wrong stuff anyway. I picked up 2x3x0.250" when I was supposed to get 2x3x0.120". So I went by Choice Steel and I decided to go with 2x2x0.120". This will be what I use to make the engine cradle and stiffen the chassis immensely.

Now that leaves me with 20' of 2x3x0.250"! Oh my what a waste of $150. Well I've been wanting to build something for the Porsche which IS an eventual stage of this very build! A Lowered Race Pack/Trailer. I've been highly interested in attending events such as Race Week where you drive the car you race to numerous race tracks throughout a week. So I wanted to make a trailer that will look cool, be aerodynamic (a trailer? lol) and contain items like Tool Boxes, Jacks, Spare Transmission, Drag Wheels/Tires etc... So I thought up an idea and I'm going to try to design it in Fusion to get a better idea. We're looking at a 6.5-7'x 5' Trailer that will be on air ride, and nice wheels and tires.

Got all the measurements ready for the trailer, so that can be put to the side. Next its time to remove the heads. This is a Running, low compression engine, So beware. There is a lil surface rust throughout the engine but thats to be expected from an engine that has been exposed to the elements for an unknown period of time after being pulled. Its typical. I will be re honing, resurfacing the deck and the engine will be dipped in acid for a lil bath.

Tomorrow, lets hope I can pickup the saw so I can start making my cradle!

Thanks for tuning in!

Again if you're interested in following the build on Facebook, Please follow www.Facebook.com/SWBoxster or @SWBoxster on Facebook Mobile.