View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #4132
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkandorules View Post
Those are awesome. I just got one to do my 924's clutch master/slave, already one of my best tool purchases. Night and day compared to the cheap harbor freight one I had before - it actually does what it's supposed to do!
I've used the cheap HF one, the secret is to lube the tube with silicone grease so that it seals on the bleeder. It actually worked pretty well on the complicated brake system on my 02 Prius. It's a half assed 3rd world approach, but seems to work well--been driving the car in question for almost a year since replacing the brake booster pump & the brakes are nor mal!

I bought a set of speed bleeders for the Porscha from our friends at Pelican. Since what ever I do it is without a second set of hands, I hope they work. One of these days. . . They need the new wear sensor installed and they DO need bleeding. & flushing!

My current project from our "Are you crazy" file. I actually got stopped by an anal retentive cop the other day, "Beautiful car, did you know that your right turnsignal (clear not amber) is flashing white? That's a $125 fine in AZ (not really, but it serves the story) no ticket, but get it fixed, Please. Holy carp! "PLEASE?"

So I came home, and sho' nuff, the yellow coating had peeled off the bulb. So I ordered a beam type 1156 amber bulb, 2 of 'em from Amazon. And while I was spending money, a white set too for the back up lamp as well as the 50w6 ohm things.

Well they look so nice, white with focused beams that I ordered more, including a hundred bucks worth of H7 led headlites. Holy carp, I say. I went donkey bonkers craggie! Every exterior bulb is gonna be LED.

They do look awfully nice, tho.

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 04-06-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote