View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 11:23 PM   #53
Bullet-Proof_Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFreeze View Post
Well, I just registered with the site and have been reading and taking in as much info as possible. Ive been tossing around the idea of purchasing a 01 Boxster S model. Overall are they good realiable vehicles? How much am I going to be looking at for expensises. I just turned 24, and was lucky enough to land a great job out of college... Just wondering if this will be for me. The way I look at it is I have no kids, no wife and this will probably be the only time in my life where I can say a Boxster is "practical"

Any thoughts?

- Jeff -
Assume preventative maintenance on all service items, IMS bearing, all bushes, ball joints, air-oil separator, alternator, water pump, thermostat, ancillary drive items, plugs, coils, engine sensors..

My strategy is to assume that if any of the above mentioned is not new or recently replaced, plan to replace it as part of preventative maintenance.

I for example budget a few hundred pounds (European dollars) per month and purchase one or a few of the above, until they've all been replaced by me. Only then do I have enough confidence to take the vehicle on a long road trip etc..

perhaps driving many old cars for daily drivers for years has made me a pessimist, but I have not broken down in the last 5 years of classic car daily driving..

Beers,

Biscuit.
Bullet-Proof_Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote