View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 06:35 AM   #17
Brian in Tucson

I did the same as you, except mine was cheaper and wasn't nearly as nice as yours.

Learning from experience, I'd take whatever loss and sell it for whatever you can get for it.

Maybe fix the brake lines and give it a decent service and try to sell iit in Britain before Brexit takes full effect? And then take whatever you can get out of it and put it with the cash you would have put into repairing it and buy something in better shape (that you have a detailed PPI on.)

I bought a cheap Boxster, fixed the sun ravaged interior, the busted window regulators, put a new top on, repaired the top transmissions and replaced ALLthe top linkage, had it painted, and a replacement motor (I put it in.) I admit to be a little frustrated and discouraged this morning, I crawled under to try to install new, new plugs and new coils and found signs of oil leaks. The gremlins keep coming!

Wishing I'd never bought it, or when it started to look sour I'd bailed on it. Just put collision and comprehensive insurance on it Monday. I wonder what the book value on an 01 base is?

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 04-04-2018 at 06:38 AM.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote