View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
Seadweller

Thinking of Selling the Boxster for a 996 Turbo

I know, I know...It took me a long, long time to find this Boxster, and I'm having a real hard time with the thought of letting it go. IMS/RMS has been done, I'm essentially the 2nd owner, and it has less than 40K miles on it with an amazing service history in addition to sporting a very rare color. The car was custom ordered locally (Reeves) by the original owner with very specific options, and I'd venture to guess it's one of the nicest Boxster's in the country. Garage kept it's entire life, never driven in the rain, and in near flawless condition. Even the top looks brand new.

A buddy of mine bought an '02 Turbo last year, and I have to say, it's a wicked fast, fun car. I think they're going to appreciate pretty rapidly, particularly if it's a low mileage, mint example. I've been looking at the '01-'04 Turbo's since my buddy bought his, and they are indeed $5K-$7K higher in just 12 months. I'd be looking at it both as an investment and a fair weather, weekend driver, as is the Boxster. Even in the condition my Boxster is in, I don't believe it's going to see the appreciation that a 996 Turbo will over time.

Problem is, I'm really attached to the Boxster, as I love the way it looks, the way it handles, etc. I can't go anywhere without people asking about it, but I guess a few drives in a Turbo may cure me of that. Or will it?????

1985 Porsche Carrera Targa - Guards Red

1978 Porsche 911SC Euro Non-Sunroof - Grand Prix White

Last edited by Seadweller; 04-03-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Seadweller is offline   Reply With Quote