View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #8
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldar View Post
thanks. Well it is roadworth and driving etc. Should be ok for the next MOT as well probably. That said the brake lines and full engine service is needed plus full coolant flush. But then the radiators are shod as well. So if I dont look at the suspension, shocks etc. it should be ok for a while as I wont be driving it like i Stole it You make an interesting point ... it will probably take 2-3k to get it safe. But this is till no guarantee the engine wont blow up.
Why are the radiators shot? Rust? If all of those components are as rusty as you mention, it would be pretty unusual not to have more rust where you might not be able to see it. Rust can be fixed, but you are so far behind the curve if that is the case, IMO wouldn't be worth the headache.

As mentioned, and I agree with the above regarding personal perspective on "worth" and "value". Even though currently these cars are pretty low priced, they have bottomed and are great, relatively special cars IMO. So "worth" is in the eye of the beholder. For the most part, keeping any old car on the road is a loosing proposition. At least these cars have SOME hope of making a comeback one day. So there may be a bit more incentive to spend. In the case of your car though, that might not be the best option.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote