View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #43
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
It is your car and I wouldn't begin to tell you how your car should sound.
Yeah, but see ... you went ahead and did so anyway, in your most passive aggressive sorry of way. Haha.
#1 rule they teach in communications 101: anything you said before you say "but" (Or in your case, "however") is negated, and dismissed by that one word.

Radium king hit it on the nose with his reply, so I won't belabor that specific point. I'll more generally address the larger idea that there are some who lead, and some who follow. Your instructions to me are to follow, with no regard whatsoever for where i wish to go.

You seem, mikefocke, to be enamored with Porsche as a brand, and all the "mystique" the name can conjure. You seem to imply in several instances in that post, that to change what Porsche had given us is to defile it.

Yeah.... so..... I'm not that guy. I'm the guy who took my heavily - modified Ducati racebike that I built to an event promoted by Ducati, where their factory team technician said to me "that's the bike Ducati SHOULD have built." Yeah... I'm THAT guy.

Imagine if your holy Porsche engineers had someone like you in their ear when they were young, telling them "don't change what's been done.... they know more than you"....

Imagine for a moment that to me, and to many like me, this is just a car. Only after I modify it to suit my own likes and dislikes will it be MY car. This is, after all, the spirit that bred performance cars (and their engineers,) as well as the American love affair with the automobile.

And as for my ears: what's that you say? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote