Thread: dreaded airbag
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #13
lcsdoug

Garage
Well good news bad news. Took the car to a local very well regarded BMW/Porsche indi garage. They don't charge for diagnostics and resets. Seems I had a bunch of low voltage warnings as well as the airbag. He reset everything and took it for a test drive. No warnings came back on so the new battery took car of that.

He gave gave it a post purchase inspection and said overall it's really in great shape. He did feel there were some maintenance issues I might want to take care of with 69k miles. The car did idle a bit rough. So his recommendations were: Filters, Main belt, Ignition coils and plugs, AOS and possibly the water pump. He said he couldn't be sure about the water pump until the belt was off. I said just go ahead with the water pump and thermostat. So Friday and $3200 later I should be in great shape.

I told my wife I could probably do some of those things myself and I got the look and roll of the eyes. She said just get it done so we can use it. Actually I was thinking I would do all these things fairly soon anyway, so now I'll be good to go with a great summer of driving ahead.