View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 06:59 AM   #22
BirdDog

Alexis

No disrespect intended, but suing Porsche is probably not going to accomplish anything other than to make you MORE frustrated. The reality is, for all anyone knows, you left the top down and it rained. If it ever gets to court I'm sure Porsche will bring that up...

Your insurance company may pay for the repair - that depends on what kind of coverage you have. Might also depend on whether you filed a claim the first time this happened.

But, the first thing you need to know is HOW the water is getting into your car. Are the drains clogged? This can happen if you leave your car outside - leaves and other debris can clog them. Owning a convertible brings with it certain responsibilities - among those are ensuring that you maintain (clean out) the drains, regularly check all convertible top seals, etc. Did you have any work done on the doors? If the door water seals weren't properly re-installed that could cause water to get into the car.

You found these forums and that's a wonderful thing. There is a lot of great information here. Just use the search function and search for information on "water", "immobilizer", "leaks", etc. You'll find that there are much less expensive (and better) ways to get your car repaired that taking it to the dealer. There are at least 2 places that can repair your immobilizer. There's also a waterproof case that can be installed to protect the immobilizer from future water damage.

I'm really sorry that you are going through this, but suing Porsche is probably going to be like chasing windmills. If you go that route, I wish you luck.

Bill

Last edited by BirdDog; 03-28-2018 at 07:01 AM.
BirdDog is offline   Reply With Quote