View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 04:35 AM   #13
Smallblock454

OK, today i did a little research.

first checked the M490 wiring diagram. Plus is full color cable, minus is cable with a stripe.

Rechecked that on the car. Male plugs in the car are wired both correctly. Plus = full color, minus stripe pn both sides.

So the right HAES speaker was wired out of phase completely.

Checked the HAES tweeters again. Under the clamp that holds the tweeter in place there is a print that shows the polatity. So the tweeters were not wired inverse in stock wiring. I was wrong there.

The BOSE tweeters don't have that print on. But they are identical to the HAES ones.

A front picture of a 4" HAES speakers:

A front picture of a 3" BOSE speakers - shure you notice the difference in diameter:

Ended up with the plan i had and wired both HEAS speaker systems correctly, so the right one is completey in phase now - both wired the same.

Some things to mention. I noticed some gaps in the speaker housing at the latch and at the tweeters. Used some Teroston 81 to fill the gaps. As we all know speakers don't like housings with gaps.

Gap speaker:

Gap speaker filled:

Gap tweeter – picture shows only one – there are a lot - hard to take a photo:

Gaps tweeter filled:

Final product:

Tested the system in the car and think at higher volumes it sounds better than before. Before there were some strange bass interferences in the mid bass area (male voices) that seems to be gone. I think that was because of the inverse polarity of the right speaker.

Everything can be brought back to stock without any problems.

PS: Picture upload in this forum is really annoying.

Last edited by Smallblock454; 03-28-2018 at 04:42 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote