View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #1
rbhlaf

06 Boxster S vs. 07 Cayman

Took the Box in for an oil change and to take care of some TSB’s and they found an oil leak at oil pump. They replaced the seal – yikes – wish me luck. Got a brand new Cayman as a loner – is that cool or what?

This isn’t really a fair comparison, S vs. non S, just observations on differences between the 2 cars. Only option on the Cayman was the preferred package.

1. Performance gap sure did feel significant. The loss of 35 horses was obvious when trying to accelerate at speed to pass, making downshifting necessary.
2. Cabin noise was a real bother. The hatch brings the rear shocks inside and on rough roads you can definitely hear them working. On some really big bumps I think the hatch actually rattled.
3. It was good to spend some time on 18’s. The ride felt the same as my 19’s.
4. The Continentals on the Cayman didn’t have near the grip as the Pilot Sports on the Box.
5. While the standard interior on Porsches is way better then most other cars the upgrade to the special leather was worth the $2500 and the sport steering wheel is a must.
6. The shifter in the 5 speed Cayman was much more precise than the 6 speed in the Box; it felt like it was gated.
7. A lot more people commented on the Cayman than ever on the Box. Probably just because it’s new but it does have a sweet profile.
rbhlaf is offline   Reply With Quote