View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
drewmarc

Exclamation Clutch pedal stuck on the floor, Please help!

I have done over 2 hours of reading on the forum and still having trouble finding an answer. I will try to be as detailed as possible. Any tips would be great!

Couple nights ago as I was backing into my spot, the clutch pedal stuck to the floor and the car lurched and stalled. I ended up having to push it into my parking spot. I check the brake fluid reservoir and see that there is not enough fluid for the line leading to the clutch. I put in more DOT 4 fluid, leave the cap off, and pump the clutch back and forth too many times to count. I check and the fluid level has gone down, so i think great, the air is out of the clutch system. But the clutch is still stuck to the floor and has no resistance. I of course check for leaks, but there is not a leak from either of the lines, and there is not a puddle under the car from the slave/master cylinder. The car can be put in gear when the car is off, but not when it is on. I read something about a possible pressure plate issue? Just not sure at this point.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! I love this community!
drewmarc is offline   Reply With Quote