View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 07:58 AM   #4
MWS

This is what I love about your posts...you do the legwork and have solid data to back up why you did what you did. Kudos.

That being said, the HAES speakers are getting some age on them, and honestly were probably selected by Porsche due to price point (vs say MB Quart). I highly respect the crossover you have built (far superior than original, and well made), but the primary component in the audio schematic is the physical speaker and it's components (magnet, voicecoil, cone), and those components aren't easily replaceable, and in my humble opinion you should consider replacing the entire speaker. I give this advice because I am far beyond guilty of spending way too much time redesigning or rebuilding something that could (or should) be replaced, and even though I enjoy it, I sometimes wish someone (besides my wife, lol) would call me out on the futility of my actions.

In any event, thanks for the detailed post and pictures...and darn it, you got me thinking if it's actually possible to improve the HAES speaker...I have my old ones in a box in the garage somewhere. Grrrrrr.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote