View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #7
Dave80GTSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by since95 View Post
Dave80GTSi, I had electrical gremlins in my '94 348 Spyder F car. I found all the grounds corrode on the Italian cars and had a guy at a car show recommend Stabilant 22 after I cleaned them all off. I guess it is used to improve the connection between 2 wires/pins then sort of seals it off. All I can tell you is I had 2 dealers tell me I needed a new HVAC ECU, after spending $1500 on sending mine back to Italy to have it rebuilt. Instead of that I pulled off every ground to body wire (there was a ground bar behind the gauge cluster), cleaned them off, put Stabilant 22 on each wire, and re-connected.
Suddenly EVERYTHING worked! The electrical problems I was having never re-appeared after 10 years. I haven't had need to do anything like that since, but if I were in your situation I would do the Stabilant since I had such good luck with it on the Ferrari.
Yup! Did the same with my "analog" 308, particularly with the grounds. But then, I needed to make up a new fuse board for that car, too.

Since the original posting, I have ended up using a very light coat of copper dielectric grease, which so far seems to have worked fine.

Thanks - DM
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote