View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #11
CrisZenithBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpyAl View Post
The cleaning fluid shouldn’t be left in the injectors too long - if they’d been put back in the car immediately after cleaning then they’d have been ok. They will be fine, but the injector guy will need to ‘unstick’ them - unless you want to try tapping them with the side of a screwdriver. That’s never worked for me, but it has for other mechanics that I used to work with.

The workshop that I used to work in would keep cleaned, used injectors in stock so that we could do a quick changeover and get the injector cleaning guy to do them in batches (cheaper). We learned the downside pretty quickly and the injector guy started adding a few drops of valve seat saver to each injector after the clean (which was a hassle for him so he had to start charging us the full price again).

No one’s fault really, although your mechanic has learned a lesson that it would have been good for you if he’d already learned it in the past.
you are correct sir! the chemical used to test injectors can dry up and get them stuck after a few days. i took the injectors back to the guy, he cleaned them again (some were stuck) and voila! it worked!

my CEL didnt come back after about 100 miles so far so fingers crossed that did it. i've been chasing that issue for a while now! nice to look at my dashboard with no light on it!
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote