View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #5
Sammyj

Thank you all for the replies and advice so far.

For the understeering issue I just bought new tires and upsized the front to 225 from 205. I think i will stay with these for now just because they are brand new and mounted on the 8.5" wheel as opposed to the 7". This should provide another small improvement to understeer. I need to get the alignment done anyway because the car was in a minor accident and need to make sure nothing is bent. I don’t really like the factory spec of near zero camber on the front. I think this could lead to uneven tire wear if driven hard. So add a few hours of grinding to get more negative camber and this should provide a good base for a neutral car. If those do not work and the car still understeers some then i think a sway bar will be in my future.

As far as the IMS goes being a 1998 model it did come with the dual row bearing which i guess had a much lower failure rate and being that the car has 90k on it i feel/hope the IMS would have already given up the goat if it was going to. Also lightweight flywheels any opinions on dual mass vs single and typical cost?

I will add both the coolant reservoir and AOS to the to-do list. I see that the particle board by the coolant reservoir has been wet at some point and I will keep my eye on this as could have just been me spilling little bit of coolant when I had to refill and burp the system a few times do to a radiator end tank leak. The AOS could probably be done at the same time as cleaning the throttle body and plenum tubes.

One other question, the interlock under the driver side seat, how often do these go bad? I see most of them fail due to water damage. As long as I keep the drains at the front and rear of the car clear is there any other way water gets in or the interlock gets damaged?
Sammyj is offline   Reply With Quote