View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #3
newbie101

TeamOxford...Thank you for your insight and advice, it truly mean a lot for a first timer trying to purchase a porsche. But I am still looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
The mileage is indeed high, but I think you have to ask yourself how long you intend to keep the car if you buy it. If you keep it for 3 years and put 10K miles a year on it, then you have a 200K mile car that will be very hard to sell. If you plan to drive it until the wheels fall off, then maybe you'll be able to own it at a low cost per year dollar amount.

Also, are you willing to give up the $12k completely if the car suffers a catastrophic failure? If so, then I'd go all in. After due diligence, of course. Needed is a complete maintenance history, and a clean PPI with overrev report, cam deviations, total hours, etc. The $300 you spend there will be the best you'll ever spend.

At about 100K miles, the suspension might have been ready for replacement. Plus the water pump, AOS, coolant tank, spark plugs, coil packs, etc. Look for these in the maintenance history.

In the final analysis, be prepared to spend about $2k average a year on maintenance. You may get away with a few hundred dollars the first year, but trust me, it'll catch up with you at a later date when you get a bill for $3500.

The car you referred to looks good. Good year - 2008, very little chance of IMS bearing failure. Mileage seems correct for a car driven as a daily driver in LA. Nice options, especially the Sport Chrono.

Just sayin'...............

TO
newbie101 is offline   Reply With Quote