View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #17
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
To clarify, I posted this ad in a few places originally.
A friend of mine has a Boxster S and tracks with me sometimes. He responded to my ad not knowing it was me selling it. I remember he told me he got a mechanic to install the underdrive pulley in his car while prepping for track day, so I asked him why he needed another one. He told me although it was on his invoice, the mechanic never installed in.

I found a bunch of Boxster parts still sitting in my garage I need to get rid of.

I wouldn't track or even drive the canyons without the underdrive pulley. It took me days to fix the power steering fluid leak after melting the PS tank.
Thanks for sharing the background.

You should have just let that cheating mechanic pay the full price of a new UDP plus interest to make up with your friend who already paid for it, then kept your offering to an honest 986er around here!

Who is that mechanic that we need to watch out for?
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!

Last edited by Boxstard; 03-13-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote